Wrong Column Type After Model Upload

Discussions about modeling, execution and management of process/application data.
Forum rules
Make sure every topic contains information about your LSPS version and if relevant also your server OS, client OS, database name and version, and application server name and version.
matt.price

Wrong Column Type After Model Upload

Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:46 am

Upload of the model launchit-processes/LaunchManagementProcess failed
Model upload succeeded, but there were problems while updating db schema:
Wrong column type in BUSINESS.dbo.LAUNCH for column TARGET_MERCHANT_DEV_TEST_DATE. Found: datetime2, expected: datetime2
Wrong column type in BUSINESS.dbo.LAUNCH for column CHAINS_BOARDED_DATE. Found: datetime2, expected: datetime2
Wrong column type in BUSINESS.dbo.LAUNCH for column TARGET_INVENTORY_TO_INCOMM_DC_DATE. Found: datetime2, expected: datetime2
Wrong column type in BUSINESS.dbo.LAUNCH for column TARGET_MERCHANT_PROD_PPT_DATE. Found: datetime2, expected: datetime2
Wrong column type in BUSINESS.dbo.LAUNCH for column TARGET_APPROVAL_DATE. Found: datetime2, expected: datetime2
Wrong column type in BUSINESS.dbo.LAUNCH for column TARGET_IN_STORE_DATE. Found: datetime2, expected: datetime2
Wrong column type in BUSINESS.dbo.LAUNCH for column REQUEST_DATE. Found: datetime2, expected: datetime2
Wrong column type in BUSINESS.dbo.LAUNCH_PRODUCT for column APPROVAL_DATE. Found: datetime2, expected: datetime2
Wrong column type in BUSINESS.dbo.LAUNCH_PRODUCT for column DECISION_NEED_DATE. Found: datetime2, expected: datetime2
Wrong column type in BUSINESS.dbo.LAUNCH_PRODUCT for column TARGET_LAUNCH_DATE. Found: datetime2, expected: datetime2

I'm stumped on this one. I've dropped and uploaded a few times now. If you haven't seen this before I will try to dig into it some more.

Maros Bajtos

Re: Wrong Column Type After Model Upload

Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:23 am

Hi Matt, can you be little bit more specific about the issue? What database are you running on, what environment, etc.

This error happens when there are incompatibly types of columns, i.e. you have VARCHAR in database and you want to map it to Integer type. In your case there is obviously something else that went wrong. The way it works is that LSPS recognizes different groups of compatible sql types and throws this error when column type in database doesn't match column type to which the field should be mapped. Are you using only LSPS to update the db schema? Can you send us some model which we could use to reproduce the error?

matt.price

Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:57 pm

Sorry for the lack of details...

SQL Server 2008 R2 on 2008 R2.

Looks like this is a jTDS issue. We had talked about going back to the jTDS driver so after switching back to the MS SQL JDBC driver, I don't receive those warnings.

Using 1.2.8 and 1.2.5 as the jTDS version causes the issue.

I attached the module with the problematic data types.
Attachments
BusinessDataTypes.7z
(4.39 KiB) Downloaded 338 times

Branislav Hladky

Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:40 am

Hi Matt,
this is known bug in the JTDS http://sourceforge.net/p/jtds/bugs/679/
There is no problem during initial upload because there is no check for types of colums.
But when you try to update existing database schema it fails because jtds returs wrong type for existing "Date" columns.

matt.price

Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:28 pm

Good to know. Thank you!

Return to Data modeling