Repeating a date calendar

Discussions related to modeling and execution of forms.
Forum rules
Make sure every topic contains information about your LSPS version and if relevant also your server OS, client OS, database name and version, and application server name and version.
eric.graham

Repeating a date calendar

Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:46 pm

Hello – I have a need where a date calendar needs to be repeated x number of times based on a user input value that is passed in by a text box. I was thinking that a repeater is ideal for such a matter, but I am not so sure.
The user is to put in a number for a ticket.order.splits (Integer), and based on that number, I need to show a date calendar that number of times (in a Horizontal Layout).
These are separate forms. One containing the textbox for the ticket.order.splits, and a different form for the ticket.order.scheduledRedeliveryDate (Date). The Repeater uses the Data: (List<Object>), but there is initially only a single ticket.order.scheduledRedeliveryDate that would need to be repeated as many times as the number passed into the ticket.order.splits text box. (validation will handle a maximum size later).
Is the repeater best for this type of need? – Is so, could you please give an example of how something of this would function? (I have never worked with repeaters, and cannot find a single example).
Thanks in advance for any and all information.

C. Tampitsikas

Re: Repeating a date calendar

Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:11 pm

Hi Eric,

I am attaching with this post an example of how a repeater works.
This simple model has a text box where you provide a split number and when you click on the submit button the repeater creates the equivalent split text boxes.

You can have a look at it and tell me whether this example is solving your problem or you would like to see something more.

Charalampos
Attachments
repeaterExample.zip
(2.53 KiB) Downloaded 258 times

eric.graham

Re: Repeating a date calendar

Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:18 pm

Charalampos - this example is exactly what I needed. I tweaked it a bit for my specific needs, but this is a great example of the repeater. Thanks for your time and your response!

Return to Forms