Show hidden text box immediately

Discussions related to modeling and execution of forms.
Forum rules
Make sure every topic contains information about your LSPS version and if relevant also your server OS, client OS, database name and version, and application server name and version.
eric.graham

Show hidden text box immediately

Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:10 pm

I have a situation where I need to show a hidden text box when a specific value is chosen.
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (3.96 KiB) Viewed 3653 times

The combo box has the Immediate Boolean set to true.
I have a value change listener on the combo box. (refreshing the Conditional component)
I have a Show (Boolean) value on the condition that is looking for that specific value. (so if that value is chosen in the combo box, the Show Boolean is set to true)
I have a action listener on the Condition (do not think this is the correct listener for what I am trying to accomplish)
The text box has the Immediate Boolean set to true. (for good measure)

This works correct AFTER the first Submit of the form...meaning there is still more data that needs to be filled out on the form, the specific value is chosen, and then the Submit button is clicked for additional data lower on the form. And if the specific value in combo box value is chosen, then I see the text box.

What I am wanting, is when the user clicks the specific value in the combo box, the condition should pick that up and show the text box immediately, and not after a Submit/page refresh/page reload. I am thinking I am not setting up the listeners correctly. I have tried various ways, and all have not shown the desired action.

Any assistance in getting this working would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance :)

eric.graham

Re: Show hidden text box immediately

Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:21 pm

I got it. There was an issue with Chrome and script rendering behind SSL. It is working as I want. Thanks all!

C. Tampitsikas

Re: Show hidden text box immediately

Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:22 pm

Dear Eric, nice that you discovered it was a chrome issue.
I have created for you a solution where the variable for the conditional component is not boolean but the variable used for binding the compo box.
If you still have issues let me know and I will send it to you.

Return to Forms