How do I instantiate a model in the console?

Topics related to the LSPS Engine and the management of running processes.
Forum rules
Make sure every topic contains information about your LSPS version and if relevant also your server OS, client OS, database name and version, and application server name and version.
cbmeeks

How do I instantiate a model in the console?

Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:55 pm

I use the web-based Process Management Console to test different models.

For example, our WebService module has a process that polls a web service. Well, I don't want this to instantiate automatically so we disable that.

But during testing, I want to manually run the model (instantiate it). So I have to enable "Instantiate Automatically", upload to test, run, etc. When I am finished, I have to remember to disable the "Instantiate Automatically" and upload again.

How do I do this in expression language and the evaluation box?

Thanks

C. Tampitsikas

Re: How do I instantiate a model in the console?

Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:36 pm

Hi Cecil,
If I understand correctly the issue you have, you will need to build some kind of logic around the process.
Maybe at the process which includes the HTTP Call Task you could have a Conditional Start Event or Signal Start Event instead of None Start Event.
So, even when your parent process will be instantiated, the web service poll won't happen unless your condition is true or your signal is consumed.

cbmeeks

Re: How do I instantiate a model in the console?

Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:10 pm

That makes sense.

However, we would normally use an HttpCall within a reusable sub-process. Wouldn't that mean that we can only use a None Start event?

Anyway, it's not mission critical but thanks for any suggestions.

Return to Management