Model Update - Deactivate condition triggers?

Topics related to the LSPS Engine and the management of running processes.
Forum rules
Make sure every topic contains information about your LSPS version and if relevant also your server OS, client OS, database name and version, and application server name and version.
neil.lee

Model Update - Deactivate condition triggers?

Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:43 pm

In 2.7.1424 (and 1427), if an Achieve Goal has a deactivate condition, it appears that the deactivate condition will be evaluated and have its assignment code executed when a model update occurs.

I'm curious if this is intended behavior. Model Update presumably needs to deactivate the process so that the underlying model can be updated, but I'm not sure it makes sense to evaluate the process' deactivate condition(s) in this context because the model isn't really being deactivated from the user/administrator's perspective. Stated differently, you have no control over the fact that the system sees a deactivation occur in a situation where you have no desire to actually deactivate.

Ondrej Danko

Re: Model Update - Deactivate condition triggers?

Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:15 pm

Hi,

Thanks for reporting this issue. I can confirm that this is a bug. Deactivate assignment is executed during model update, but it should not be executed.

We are working on the fix. Please advice on priority of this issue on your side (i.e. how pressing is this issue and when would you like to have a release with the fix).

Thanks.

neil.lee

Re: Model Update - Deactivate condition triggers?

Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:25 pm

Ondrej,

Thanks for clarifying the expected system behavior.

I don't believe that this is a high priority issue on my side. We already have a workaround in place, which is a database script to run post-model update that will "undo" the undesired Deactivate assignment(s) prior to resuming the model instances.

Return to Management