Profiler Statistics Duration

Topics related to the LSPS Engine and the management of running processes.
Forum rules
Make sure every topic contains information about your LSPS version and if relevant also your server OS, client OS, database name and version, and application server name and version.
matt.price

Profiler Statistics Duration

Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:18 pm

Hi,

I'm not sure if the profiler is cleared per transaction or after a particular amount of data threshold is reached. It doesn't appear that if we leave it running, it will continue to collect statistics until we clear it manually.

How long or how much of the profiler statistics will be available if it is not cleared manually through the Profiler View?

Thanks for your help.

Milos Volauf

Re: Profiler Statistics Duration

Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:32 pm

Matt,

currently, the profiler stores up to 128 invocations of interpreter. If the limit is reached, the oldest invocation is removed.

The typical usecase what I had in mind is the following:
* clear profiler store via Profiler View
* run a usecase (usually click in web)
* refresh Profiler View, analyze invocations

Is this behavior sufficient? Did you run into a situation where you need larger store (more that 128 invocations)?
Would you suggest a different behavior?

matt.price

Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:58 pm

That all seems reasonable.

I think the issue we must be running into is the refresh button on the Profiler View causes strange behavior.

If clear the profile data -> switch to another runtime connection -> perform the application operation -> connect back to the original runtime connection, the profile data looks as expected. If I then hit the refresh button I get a set of profile information that is greatly different than the previous info. Reconnecting to the runtime again does not reconstitute the previous profile information.

Not sure what the refresh button is doing to the data.

Milos Volauf

Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:06 pm

Hi Matt,

refresh button in Profiler View reloads all the content of the view.
It should load all profile invocation from the current runtime connection.

matt.price

Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:44 pm

I think we are just misinterpreting the profiler information. Not considering transport times etc. This is most likely why the profiler timings were unexpected.

Sorry for any confusion/allegations :)

Return to Management