Generation from WSDL

Topics related to the integration of LSPS with external systems.
Forum rules
Make sure every topic contains information about your LSPS version and if relevant also your server OS, client OS, database name and version, and application server name and version.
matt.price

Generation from WSDL

Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:57 pm

Is there a function of the PDS to generate WSDL operations as functions?

For example, you are using a web service as a way to retrieve master data by searching from forms.

I'm familiar with https://docs.whitestein.com/lsps/3_1/pds/Webservices.html#webserviceclient, but wanted to know if there was a way to then execute the tasks outside of process?

I am unfamiliar with this generation option: "New Services and Datatypes from WSDL...". I was only able to get records generated through this procedure.

We do believe wsdl2java [or similar] in combination with data transformation into Record sources [data abstraction layer] using Orika [or similar] should get the job done. That is two sets of code generation leaving only the task of implementing the desired data mapping and operation functional layer.

Juraj

Re: Generation from WSDL

Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:20 pm

Hello Matt,

In PDS there is no such a feature which would generate WSDL operations as functions. The reason why LSPS generates web service client as Task is that a Task can handle asynchronous calls while the function would be blocked.

The generation option "New Services and Datatypes from WSDL..." was an attempt to reimplement another generation option "Webservice Server...". The latter has some limitations to the data structures it can process. But the the option "New Services and Datatypes from WSDL..." was never finished but unfortunately made it's way to the PDS. Because this option was incomplete and the option "Webservice Server..." is sufficient for most cases the former will be removed in 3.2.

Return to Integration