LSPS 3.0 Enhancement Requests

If there is something important you think is missing in the current version of LSPS then you can post a feature request here.
Forum rules
Make sure every topic contains information about your LSPS version and if relevant also your server OS, client OS, database name and version, and application server name and version.
randy.adkins

LSPS 3.0 Enhancement Requests

Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:10 pm

I have 3 items that I would like to see as enhancements in LSPS 3.0.

One enhancement that I would like to see in the LSPS is an import for Java POJO objects into the LSPS data model. As we have been developing with the product, we have found multiple opportunities where this functionality would have been helpful to bring in POJOs into the model so that the sharing of data between Java and LSPS could be eased. An example of the functionality, would be if there is Customer POJO, Accounts POJO, and Member POJO that all there would be a menu item while in data type definition to Import POJO. I would think that inheritance could also be imported with the is-a relationship. I would envision the relationships having to be manually added after import.

The second enhancement is related to the refresh in the Management Perspective for a Model Instance. Currently, a refresh evaluates all the evaluation expression each time refresh is clicked. I feel that it would be more intuitive if the refresh would only refresh the display and there should be a new function called resend that would have the functionality the refresh has today.

The third enhancement would be to have the model diagram and history included in the Process Management Console web interface.

Thanks,
Randy Adkins
Modus21

Maros Bajtos

Re: LSPS 3.0 Enhancement Requests

Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:36 pm

Randy, thank you for your comments. Can you please elaborate on the last item? I just want to know the context of such a requirement, can you tell me a usecase where such a feature would be beneficial? The question is if it should serve to technical people or business people, what would they use it for in production system. Thanks.

reg

Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:21 pm

In 3.0, will you be able to write to imported records? I would like the ability to be able to import a subset of base records that will be extended via the supertype feature. This enhancement will allow for us to maintain a generic application that can be customize based on customer's requirements.

Thanks,
Reg

Maros Bajtos

Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:02 am

reg wrote:In 3.0, will you be able to write to imported records? I would like the ability to be able to import a subset of base records that will be extended via the supertype feature. This enhancement will allow for us to maintain a generic application that can be customize based on customer's requirements.

Thanks,
Reg

Reg, I am not sure what exactly do you mean. In 2.5.1 you are able to import shared record from other module and extend it by creating subtype of it. This way, you are able to specify additional fields you need for given subtype (specific customer). Is this the feature you are looking for, or you have something else in mind?

randy.adkins

Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:48 pm

The third request about having the model and history available in the Process Management Console use case would be for operations staff to do some basic troubleshooting of what occurred. Currently, we are putting this information in the applcation log to help debugging and troubleshooting. The minimum amount of functionality would be a snapshot of the model in its latest state.

Maros Bajtos

Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:27 pm

Randy, thanks for the clarification. We will consider all your requests and consider including them in 3.0 release.

Return to Feature requests