Option to provide export formats for grid data.

If there is something important you think is missing in the current version of LSPS then you can post a feature request here.
Forum rules
Make sure every topic contains information about your LSPS version and if relevant also your server OS, client OS, database name and version, and application server name and version.
pgrazaitis

Option to provide export formats for grid data.

Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:33 pm

I know with the various web frameworks there are options to export a grid's/table's data in a variety of formats (Excel, CSV, PDF, XML). I am not sure what framework may be in use behind the scenes such that this configurable behavior could be exposed within the modeling tool.

Thanks.

Maros Bajtos

Re: Option to provide export formats for grid data.

Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:10 am

Even though this is not part of the product yet (i.e. not out-of-the-box feature), it is easily possible to implement the export capabilities in your custom application. If this is feature is needed, let us know and we will provide you with a short how-to.

In any case, thanks for the input, we will consider this feature request in future releases.

pgrazaitis

Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:18 pm

I ended up leveraging jQuery DataTables to decorate the LSPS List table to add-in export functionality. Unfortunately, out of the box DataTables navigates the Table's DOM structure to derive columns. In the case of the LSPS List table we get additional columns which repeat the header due to the formatting below. Luckily, DataTables provides a hook into the processor and a custom RegEx was used to parse out the desired value.

<td class="column-data ">
<div class="form-item">
<label class="form-label" for="list:r_table:0:show__3">Name</label> <--What is the purpose in duplicating the header as a label within the <td>.
<div class="form-component">
<span id="list:r_table:0:show__3">TestAsset</span>
<span id="list:r_table:0:show__3_message"></span>
</div>
</div>
</td>

Maros Bajtos

Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:06 am

Great, that sounds good. The only minor problem is that you'll always get only the items shown in the current page (in case you have paging). Another way to address this, would be writing some custom java code, which would process all the items (not just the current page) from the collection and instead of rendering them as html page, it would output csv file.

Return to Feature requests